Listed below are our Eagle Essentials that will guide you not only at Pageland Elementary School but throughout your life.
1.) When responding to any adult, you must answer by saying, “Yes ma’am” or “No sir.”
2) During discussions, respect other students’ comments, opinions and ideas.
3) If someone in the class wins a game or does something well, we will congratulate that person. If you win or do well at something, do not brag. If you lose, do not show anger.
4) When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and/or nose. Then you say “Excuse me.”
5) Do not smack your lips, suck your teeth, roll your eyes, or show disrespect with gestures or words.
6) Always say, “Thank you” when you are given something. When someone gives you a gift, you must never make negative comments about it or ask for more. At times throughout the year, we give rewards. If you ever ask for a reward, however, it will not be given.
B. Class Procedures
7) Dress codes will be followed- navy or red shirt and khaki bottoms.
8) Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
9) Do not steal.
10) Be honest.
11) Use only appropriate language: no name calling or foul language ever.
12) Do not get out of your seat without permission unless you are sick.
13) Do not speak unless:
• You raise your hand and are called on to respond.
• You are asked a question, and you are responding.
• It is recess or lunch and you are allowed to talk.
• You are instructed otherwise.
14) Do not beat or tap on your desk.
15) Candy or gum is not allowed unless given by an instructor or staff.
16) In any line you must:
• Walk single file.
• Stay two or three feet behind the person in front of you.
• Keep arms by your side.
• Face forward at all times.
• Remain silent.
• If you approach a door and someone is behind you, hold the door open for that person.
• Never cut in line.
• When in transition from one class to another, you must make the change swiftly, quietly, and orderly.
• Move your feet without shuffling or squeaking: pick up your feet.
17) When we work together in class, you must follow along and participate.
18) Answer all written questions with a complete sentence.
19) When work is assigned, groaning or complaining will result in a double assignment for that person.
20) During an assembly or field trip you must:
• Enter and sit quietly.
• Face forward.
• Be respectful to the presenter(s.)
• When returning from a field trip, you will thank the bus driver and shake hands with each chaperone and teacher.
21) We will go to the bathroom quickly and quietly. Also remember to:
• Always button, lace, and zip your clothes up properly before leaving the restroom.
• Wash your hands and dispose of the paper towels in the trash cans. Do not leave them on the floor.
• Do not play or loiter in the restroom.
If any child in this school is bothering or bullying you, let the teacher know immediately. We are not going to let anyone in this school bully or threaten you!